Behavioral & Mental Health Track
Monday, May 23
Promoting behavioral and mental healthcare options and prevention are more critical than ever. The pandemic is bringing conversations around mental health and substance use disorders into the spotlight. Learn how the collaborative contributions of health plans, academics, clinicians, treatment providers, advocates, and policymakers are moving the needle in creating affordable, accessible services and treatment for mental health-related challenges.
Coffee and Breakfast
Vision Sessions and Breakfast
Redefine Care Delivery and Accelerate the Move to Value-Based Care
- Transforming care delivery: What does it mean today?
- Efforts to ensure timely access to care while improving quality and outcomes
- Embracing virtual care and other novel models including home care, hospital-at-home, and RPM to expand access and optimize patient engagement
- Prioritizing cross-sector collaboration to accelerate value-based care initiatives, contain costs, and positively impact the overall health and well-being of individuals and the community
- Healthcare innovation 2022 and beyond: Stakeholder efforts to forge ahead
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP)
Innovation and Value Initiative
ONC Program Updates: Initiatives Driving Digital Health Transformation Forward
Moderator: Ferris Taylor
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) Program Updates
11th Annual Industry Pulse: First Look at Key Findings
- Price Transparency: Great uncertainty or a mixed bag of perspectives?
- Value-based payments: Stagnation or slow progress?
- Interoperability: Payer & provider perspectives on barriers
Networking Break in the Exhibit Hall
Market Insight: Reimagining CX Across the Healthcare Sector
With advances in technology, opportunities for improving the experience for patients, members, and citizens are not only endless but are critical, particularly in times of crisis. Now more than ever, healthcare leaders are leveraging innovation, digital transformation, and advanced technologies to address customer experience challenges for providers, patients, payors and beneficiaries.
Challenges with our consumer health experience were brought to light during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of those challenges include streamlining operations and processes, addressing inequities and improving access to care for vulnerable populations, driving activation in communities, improving public trust, and establishing measures that can be used to achieve long-term sustainability and achievement.
As we look to the future, it is crucial for leaders across the health sector to build innovative capabilities that improve experience and efficiency to drive meaningful change that matters the most to consumers. This panel will bring together leaders across the federal and commercial health space to discuss:
- The impetus for leveraging experimental technology to improve customer experience and increase access to care
- Efforts being implemented to advance member and patient experience
- How payers and providers can leverage data to design customer-centric solutions that improve health outcomes
- Adaptation and resiliency around health equity
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Amelia Virtual Care
Market Insight: PBM 2.0: Taming the Prescription Drug Beast and Driving a Paradigm Shift with Alignment and Technology
The status quo PBM financial model and legacy technology platforms are failing the healthcare system and are in direct conflict with future state Value-Based Contracting models. New technology has entered the PBM ecosystem changing how members are serviced, drugs are priced and taming the runaway train of prescription drug costs.
Ecosystem stakeholders detail their experience with this next-generation PBM platform and financial framework that has created unprecedented alignment, value, and member experience while also providing prescription drug predictability and pricing equity.
Learn how new technology connects every aspect of the pharmacy ecosystem in one platform, enabling patient engagement and increasing efficiency to achieve the highest standards of clinical care. This panel will bring together healthcare stakeholders to provide the employer, payer, and provider perspectives on:
- The impetus for building the only commercially available single ledger NADAC based PBM model and discussing the importance of alignment in drug pricing for patients, payers, and providers
- How the newest PBM platform produces administrative efficiency while optimizing cost, member experience, and equity
- How this next-generation PBM model provides employers what they really want around predictability in prescription drug spend and it is critical to future value-based contracts as our healthcare system evolves into outcomes-based contracting
Friday Health Plans
St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN)
Erickson Senior Living
Upside Health Advisors
Market Insight: The Future of Care: Is Your Virtual Care Strategy Meeting Employee Expectations?
Market Insight Sessions
To showcase your product or solution in a Sponsored Market Insight, please contact Holly.Lee@thinc360.com
Addressing the “New Normal”: The Path Forward to Address Mental and Behavioral Health
- Discuss efforts to remove the stigma surrounding mental health and substance use disorders
- Learn how payers, providers, employers, and other health care stakeholders are supporting individuals with their mental health and well-being, and addiction treatment and recovery
- Identify work being done to address the increasing rates of suicidal ideation and accidental overdose, particularly in adolescents and young adults
- Examine strategies to effectively integrate behavioral health with primary care and support whole-person care
- Highlight the innovations, advancements, and role of technology, to increase access to behavioral health services and treatment
Faces & Voices of Recovery
Acenda Integrated Health
Efforts to Expand Access to Behavioral Health Across Diverse Populations
- Gain strategies efficiently and effectively providing timely access to behavioral health services for different populations including Medicaid and vulnerable individuals
- Discuss the promise and limitations of a telebehavioral health strategy in treatment modalities
- Hear perspectives on state policies to expand access and close care gaps
Lunch in the Exhibit Hall / Innovation Theater Presentations
Emerging Policies and Strategies to Address SUDs and Alcohol Misuse
- Learn about forward-thinking approaches that are emerging in treating substance and alcohol abuse
- Discuss the signs and symptoms related to Co-Occurring Mental Health and SUDs
- Uncover unique techniques in dealing with minority and special populations
Networking Break in the Exhibit Hall
CMS Update on Health Equity Initiatives
Doing More than “Talking the Talk”: Taking Action on Health Equity Initiatives
- Gain insights into effective ways to prioritize and address health disparities
- Navigate challenges around accessing and analyzing social needs data
- Discuss strategies to advance and scale SDoH efforts
- Explore cross-sector partnerships to deliver equitable care across all populations
- Understand the role of supply chain in elevating health equity efforts and optimizing population health
GHX (Global Healthcare Exchange)
What Does Healthcare Innovation Look Like in a Post-Pandemic Era?
- Insights on recovering from the current pandemic and preparing healthcare executives for the next one
- Investments in data, technology, and digital to make meaningful impact on care delivery
- Priorities and predictions for 2023 and beyond