Health Plan Innovation & Engagement Track
Monday, May 23
Increased “consumerism”, an altered workplace dynamic, and employee stress and burnout has increased competition and access to health solutions. Discuss strategies and tools health plans are utilizing to respond to market developments and fiscal pressures with innovations in partnerships, programs, technologies that strengthen plan design and care delivery.
Coffee and Breakfast
Vision Sessions and Breakfast
Redefine Care Delivery and Accelerate the Move to Value-Based Care
- Transforming care delivery: What does it mean today?
- Efforts to ensure timely access to care while improving quality and outcomes
- Embracing virtual care and other novel models including home care, hospital-at-home, and RPM to expand access and optimize patient engagement
- Prioritizing cross-sector collaboration to accelerate value-based care initiatives, contain costs, and positively impact the overall health and well-being of individuals and the community
- Healthcare innovation 2022 and beyond: Stakeholder efforts to forge ahead
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
Northwest Permanente, P.C. (NWP)
Innovation and Value Initiative
ONC Program Updates: Initiatives Driving Digital Health Transformation Forward
Moderator: Ferris Taylor
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) Program Updates
11th Annual Industry Pulse: First Look at Key Findings
- Price Transparency: Great uncertainty or a mixed bag of perspectives?
- Value-based payments: Stagnation or slow progress?
- Interoperability: Payer & provider perspectives on barriers
Networking Break in the Exhibit Hall
Market Insight: Reimagining CX Across the Healthcare Sector
With advances in technology, opportunities for improving the experience for patients, members, and citizens are not only endless but are critical, particularly in times of crisis. Now more than ever, healthcare leaders are leveraging innovation, digital transformation, and advanced technologies to address customer experience challenges for providers, patients, payors and beneficiaries.
Challenges with our consumer health experience were brought to light during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of those challenges include streamlining operations and processes, addressing inequities and improving access to care for vulnerable populations, driving activation in communities, improving public trust, and establishing measures that can be used to achieve long-term sustainability and achievement.
As we look to the future, it is crucial for leaders across the health sector to build innovative capabilities that improve experience and efficiency to drive meaningful change that matters the most to consumers. This panel will bring together leaders across the federal and commercial health space to discuss:
- The impetus for leveraging experimental technology to improve customer experience and increase access to care
- Efforts being implemented to advance member and patient experience
- How payers and providers can leverage data to design customer-centric solutions that improve health outcomes
- Adaptation and resiliency around health equity
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Amelia Virtual Care
Market Insight: PBM 2.0: Taming the Prescription Drug Beast and Driving a Paradigm Shift with Alignment and Technology
The status quo PBM financial model and legacy technology platforms are failing the healthcare system and are in direct conflict with future state Value-Based Contracting models. New technology has entered the PBM ecosystem changing how members are serviced, drugs are priced and taming the runaway train of prescription drug costs.
Ecosystem stakeholders detail their experience with this next-generation PBM platform and financial framework that has created unprecedented alignment, value, and member experience while also providing prescription drug predictability and pricing equity.
Learn how new technology connects every aspect of the pharmacy ecosystem in one platform, enabling patient engagement and increasing efficiency to achieve the highest standards of clinical care. This panel will bring together healthcare stakeholders to provide the employer, payer, and provider perspectives on:
- The impetus for building the only commercially available single ledger NADAC based PBM model and discussing the importance of alignment in drug pricing for patients, payers, and providers
- How the newest PBM platform produces administrative efficiency while optimizing cost, member experience, and equity
- How this next-generation PBM model provides employers what they really want around predictability in prescription drug spend and it is critical to future value-based contracts as our healthcare system evolves into outcomes-based contracting
Friday Health Plans
St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN)
Erickson Senior Living
Upside Health Advisors
Market Insight: The Future of Care: Is Your Virtual Care Strategy Meeting Employee Expectations?
Market Insight Sessions
To showcase your product or solution in a Sponsored Market Insight, please contact Holly.Lee@thinc360.com
Integrating Innovative Marketing and Engagement Methods to Acquire and Retain Members
- Discuss techniques to effectively market to your members in a digitally focused and multi-channel world while standing out from competition
- Gain insights into efficiently developing member-centric marketing campaigns
- Explore strategies to engage members throughout their journey, from recruitment to adoption
Implementing a Data Infrastructure to Support Population Health Strategy and Analytics
- Define key performance indicators and baselines to measure and manage care gaps
- Learn how to identify the key drivers behind an impactful population health management program
- Strengthen payer-provider collaboration to facilitate seamless data exchange and promote quality
Lunch in the Exhibit Hall / Innovation Theater Presentations
Improving the Digital Member Experience Through Human-Centered Design and Agile Transformation
Learn how UPMC Health Plan completely redesigned its member app, which led to an 119% increase in their app rating and member satisfaction, through:
- Introducing and leveraging agile methodologies and practices in a cross-functional team.
- Focusing on the member journey and moments that matter in their feature set and user experience.
- Using human-centered design principles and frameworks for improved decision-making.
Networking Break in the Exhibit Hall
CMS Update on Health Equity Initiatives
Doing More than “Talking the Talk”: Taking Action on Health Equity Initiatives
- Gain insights into effective ways to prioritize and address health disparities
- Navigate challenges around accessing and analyzing social needs data
- Discuss strategies to advance and scale SDoH efforts
- Explore cross-sector partnerships to deliver equitable care across all populations
- Understand the role of supply chain in elevating health equity efforts and optimizing population health
GHX (Global Healthcare Exchange)
What Does Healthcare Innovation Look Like in a Post-Pandemic Era?
- Insights on recovering from the current pandemic and preparing healthcare executives for the next one
- Investments in data, technology, and digital to make meaningful impact on care delivery
- Priorities and predictions for 2023 and beyond